A showcase gallery of Shakesconsin Idea student projects in ENGL 162, Fall 2016!
The projects listed/linked below were supported by students in each discussion section as “showcases” to highlight. These are followed by honorable mentions selected by professors and TAs!
- Rachel O & Ali P: “SONNETS 1-39: A Play”
- Jessica F and Je’La W – Sonnet 155 (The One You Don’t Know About)
- Jonathan P, Cubs Shakespearean Underdog Comic
- Cole C: The Modern View of Shakespeare
- Connor O: “Ariel’s Tempest” https://arielstempest.wordpress.com/
- Kangzheng G: “Miranda and Ferdinand” https://www.facebook.com/kangzheng.gao.1
- Kevin C and Zeyao J: a children’s version of Othello, called The Story of Captain Oliver
- Tori T: Shakespeare As Images http://toriturtle347.wixsite.com/shakesconsin
- Sam L: Engravings and Engraving Studio Class
- Pat C: Muppetspeare
- Jimmy G and Alanna G text-based “choose your own adventure” style game, based off of The Tempest
Very Honorable Mentions!
- Carly F: Scrolling Text Reflection on Shakespeare & Media
- Katie I: Contemporary Campus Hamlet
- Megan L and Emma K: Buzzfeed quiz about words that Shakespeare coined,
- Nathan E created a game based on the game Fibbage that requires players to make up definitions for words that Shakespeare coined. At least 40 people who played the game!
- Andrew K and Lucas W: Interviews about Sonnet 18 interpretation and collective recitation of the poem. Including campus celebrities!
- Lorena W: Instagram Tempest in Wisconsin Networkhttps://www.instagram.com/prosperothetempest/
- Audrey B: WSUM 91.7 FM Madison Student Radio, tapped into a large audience. She has an established radio show that airs foran hour every Wednesday, and she produced a Shakespeare themed show where she interviewed friends and family.
- Arius L (and others! will add names) Humans of Shakesconsin: https://www.instagram.com/humansofshakesconsin/
- Gabrielle H: Shakespeare in the Zoos!